The mission of The Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea is to grow spiritually in Christ through worship, stewardship, study, service, and fellowship.
We welcome you to The Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea,
a historic landmark church.
The first church building of Bethesda-by-the-Sea was built in 1889 and was the first Protestant church in southeast Florida. The second church was built in 1894 and still stands today as a private residence on North Lake Trail. The present Gothic structure was built in 1925, its cornerstone being laid on March 15, 1925.
Over the years, thousands of visitors have taken time to pause and reflect in this place. Beautiful stained glass windows fill the visitor with awe as sunlight illuminates the brilliant colors of the windows, casting ethereal images in the shadowed church.
When visiting Bethesda, The Cluett Memorial Garden provides yet another dimension to the beauty and grace that is, and always has been, Bethesda-by-the-Sea.
Guided tours are offered following our 11:00 a.m. services on the second and fourth Sunday each month. Ann Elizabeth Hall and other Lecture Tour Docents present the history, architecture and embellishments of our church to those wishing to know more about our church. Guests meet in the chancel following the Postlude. Upon request, the Tour is now available to groups outside the church.